Monday, July 26, 2010

Does anyone know the best shampoo/ hair product for getting out chlorine?

I swim alot and it makes my hair coarse and brittle. any specific products that will make it better?Does anyone know the best shampoo/ hair product for getting out chlorine?
The best thing to do is go to your stylist and ask if they sell a clarifying shampoo. If not call the shops in your area and find one fast. I use to cut a swimmer who had almost no hair and he started using a clarifying shampoo, and it came back.


Also something else you can do is put about the size of a quarter of conditioner in a spray bottle and wet your hair down good before you get in the pool the conditioner will help buffer the chlorine from the water.


I have been doing hair for over thirty years.Does anyone know the best shampoo/ hair product for getting out chlorine?
I just read an article in the paper today that said to use a Clarifying shampoo. It recommended an expensive brand (Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, $10)but Suave also sells it. (cheaper). It is a clear shampoo that we use often and it helps remove build-up of all the usual hair products we use in addition to chlorine and salt water. The article also recommended glazing your hair. It said that glazes (either from the salon or store bought) protect all hair types from sun damage and seal in moisture by combining mild dyes with shine enhancers to leave strands smooth and glossy. (Try John Frieda Luminous Color glaze Clear shine $10). I use this and like it pretty well. It helps color my hair, esp. at the ends since chlorine lightens my ends up alot. I like my hair to be one consistent color not brown on top and almost blonde at the bottom! LOL!


THe article also recommended for course and brittle hair to keep your hair hydrated and use an oil treatment to seal the cuticles so hair won't absorb. It recommended Molton Brown hair treatment oil, $30) but stores also sell a ton of oil treatment products for a lot less. ALso, watch out for that Sally Beauty supply store. I shop there but there are all trained to up-sell you and recommend the most expensive products. I actually hate going in there cuz I know they are going to ask me 30 times if I want to buy certain things, they are going to shove a flyer in my hand whether I want it or not and they try to convince me that I need something that is for commercial use and I am only going to use it once a day. Watch out for those sales people!!!!! You are warned!


Hope that helps!
The absolute best is the new brand called Organix. It has organic active ingredients and is sulfate free so it wont dry out your hair, plus...it smells awesome! Organix has different collections for different hair types which are all amazing! You can get Organix at Target, Albertsons, Kroger, Bed Bath %26amp; Beyond, Safeway, Duane Reade, etc. You'll love it!!!





http://www.organixhair.com/


.


.
I use loreal kids swim and sport shampoo because i work at a daycamp and i am in the pool everyday...even though it is for kids, it still works to make your hair healthier and it gets the chlorine out and it smells really good too. http://www.lorealkids.com/home_us.asp (in case you go on this site, the shampoo is the one that is the blue and orange bottle) this site says: Caring conditioners remove chlorine, salt, and minerals after swimming and dust and dirt after playing. Protects against the risk of green tones and eases detangling. Swim %26amp; Sport Shampoo quenches dryness, leaving hair soft. Plus, it鈥檚 great for all hair types!
If there is a Sally's Beauty Supply Store in your area they can help you with it. I used to have some of it from there but can't remember the name of it. Get your telephone book out and look for Beauty Supply Stores or Companies in it. If there's not one in it look in the phone book of a large town next to where you live. Or you can call a Beauty Shop in your area and they can help you with the information.
Citre Shine is great. I swam for 12 years and my whole team used it

No comments:

Post a Comment