Friday, July 30, 2010

I ran out of dog shampoo and was wondering if there is any home products I could use to wash my dog with.?

If you have any child shampoo, you can use that.I ran out of dog shampoo and was wondering if there is any home products I could use to wash my dog with.?
Any kind of regular shampoo should work. I use VO5I ran out of dog shampoo and was wondering if there is any home products I could use to wash my dog with.?
Itry to always use a gentle DOG shampoo, but I buy people conitioner for my dogs and they always smell so good and their fur is really soft and shiny.
do u have dish washer shampoo dat works wit ma dogs
you could use ivory soap it well work on for your dog i use it on


mine and she was fine
use something thats not so strong AND MAKE SURE U READ THE LABEL FRONT AND BACK CUZ IT MIGHT SAY NOT ANIMAL TESTED!!!
I wouldn't use detergent myself, but I do use baby shampoo. I've been using it for many years and never had a problem with it. *Always* test a tiny bit of it (no matter what you use) on your dogs skin and wait a few hours to be sure that they do not have an allergic reaction to it. If any irritation occurs on the test site, do not use it.





Edit: ';Not animal tested'; on hair products means that it isn't tested on lab animals to check for reactions that might occur in humans. (ie: sprayed in their eyes...) If a bottle doesn't say that, it does not mean it is safe for your dog.
DON'T use human shampoo because it has a higer PH than dog shampoo. I have used Dawn or dove dish soap. Since it is so concentrated you don thave to use alot.
im not sure...but i know wal-mart sells dog shampoo for $1.34


its cheap, but it works!
baby shampoo! i have 2 beagles that love to ';roll'; around in whatever stinky stuff they find in the yard, and get bathed often. you can get generic or dollar store stuff cheaply...regular dog shampoo is pricey. do not use other shampoo, dish det. laundry det. bar soap as these have a much higher ph value and can irritate and dry the skin....had lots of dogs and baby shampoo it is.
Johnson and Johnson No Tears Baby Shampoo
Not unless you have baby shampoo. Just about anything else will dry out the dog's skin so bad he/she will itch like crazy or may cause a severe rash
It is best to use a dog shampoo but in a pinch you could use a bit of Joy or Ivory.
1,don't use human products on dogs, other than Head and shoulders,no conditioner,since it clogs the oil in the dogs pores and cause bacteria to start, if you use the head and shoulders make sure its the blue bottle and rinse the dog really good to remove all the soap. until you get to the store to get the product you need.
Baby shampoo works well. I also bought a bar of pine tar soap and use that once in a while. It soothes the dogs skin. I'm surprised that a vet recommended Dawn dish detergent because that would take out the natural skin oils and leave the dog itchy with dry skin.
Many people really like Johnson's baby shampoo if you have that around. Dawn dishwashing detergent (the blue one only) is good if your dog has fleas (dilute and rinse well).
I use pantene on my dog every now and then. human shampoos can be irritating to the dogs skin but if you run out and need to give the dog a bath using it every now and then is alright.
My vet says - Dawn dish soap
We just use the cheap drugstore shampoo for people.
Any people shampoo is fine for dogs as long as it is very high in Lanolin. I often use Johnson's Baby Shampoo on my dogs head and face area.
It is OK to use regular shampoo on your dog once in a while or in a pinch. Baby shampoo would be better because it is tearless. If you do use regular shampoo, don't get it in the dogs eyes. PLEASE DON'T USE DISH SOAP! Not only will it dry out your dogs coat but if you get just a little in their eyes ';oh man can it cause problems';


Here is the thing, God put special oils on a dogs coat to insulate him from the elements. Human shampoo is designed to get every last bit of oil out of our hair. You really should not use anything to shampoo your dog except shampoo designed for dogs. If you mess up the PH balance you are just inviting all kinds of skin problems. It is OK to use people conditioner all the time. Please take some time to purchase some pet products. You will be glad you did.
Amway LOC will also work as a flea shampoo and is organic.





...but I don't sell it and don't want to get into the business. I'm a purchaser only.

No comments:

Post a Comment