Saturday, July 24, 2010

I have not used a relaxer in my hair for 8 months now, I want to know what the best hair products(shampoo)?

to use. I am trying for the first time Shea butter as my conditioner. I am gradually trying to put less and less chemicals in my hair. I currently use tea tree oil shampoo (is that good) also as far as something to grease my scalp, what is good for that? I really don't know anything about hair, and any help I can get to get it nice and healthy will be appreciated. I have very thick black (african-american) hair, its very dry and somewhat broken (from the years of chemical). Please help. thanks





Also I do get it trimmed every 2 months. I also flat iron it once or twice a month, what would be something I can use to protect it from the heat?I have not used a relaxer in my hair for 8 months now, I want to know what the best hair products(shampoo)?
This forum will help, google 'long hair care forum' it's for woman of colour growing their hair weather relaxed, natural or transitioning.


Edit- I really don't know why people are giving me thumbs down. I know you have pay, i think it's a great website. I'm not promoting them, i haven't paid myself, but i have found out loads of information that is helping me with my hair; it is based on hair the same as the asker's that's why i brought it up.I have not used a relaxer in my hair for 8 months now, I want to know what the best hair products(shampoo)?
How are you using shea as a conditioner? Shea was a tad heavy for my hair. Make sure that you do hot oil treatments to massage on your scalp during your transition and that you get a good leave-in conditioner.





BTW: Long hair care forum is sort of weird. You can join for ';free'; but they make you pay a fee to actually be apart of the forum. NOt worth it for info that you can find pretty much anywhere in my opinion.
Hey video


It is necessary that before you make any decisions about your hair, you would understand what will happen afterwards.


I wanted to give you a useful answer, so I looked it up and obtained the answer to your yahoo question . Just look into the below links. Hope you find what you are looking for.


All you need to do is little search.





I think this is Best web site for all questions related to Hair-


http://xrl.us/bef7qu





My hairstylist also obtained this brilliant web site for hair related matters:


http://hairstyles101.blogspot.com/
I particularly love Sunsilk products.


They have specific shampoos/conditioners/treatments for your type of hair:


wavy, curly, straight, or damaged, etc.


I use the Hydra TLC (pink bottles), it's mainly for hair prone to split ends and dryness and it works great, my hair was softer after one week of using both the shampoo/conditioner/leave-in creme.





They also have the Thermashine products.


They help repair your damaged hair from heat, sun ,UV rays, everything.


I've heard it works great, but I haven't used it myself.





Here's the link for all the products, that way you can see other options for your hair type/condition.








http://www.gethairapy.com/products.php








You can buy these products at any drugstore (Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc)


Hopefully it helps!
The Mineral Indulgence products are really good. You should use a grease that doesn't contain mineral oil or peteroleum because it clogs pores and prevents the hair from growing to it's full potential; their Shea and Cocoa Butter Hair Cream is awesome. They also have a Shea Pressing Oil and a Dress To Impress pomade for straightening...I used their products to transition and had good results pressing my hair with the pomade actually and used the Pure and Natural Detangle Lotion to do twist outs and braid outs.I definitely recommend these, plus they're all natural and made for black hair.





Make sure you dont warm up that shea. Shea crystalizes and turns into these little hard flakes and if you apply it to your hair it will feel similar to grit. I did it once and it was VERY difficult to wash out of my hair and made it difficult to manage. :/





http://mineralindulgence.com/Hair_Care_P鈥?/a>





They have a sale on the front page btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment