Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do humans really need all these products to stay clean (Shampoo, Soap, Body wash, Moisturizers)?

What I am trying to ask is I feel as a dry skin type person that always has dry hair and skin. Do we really need to use soap and all that stuff at the store. If I use warm hot water I feel that already does the job or atleast use soap and stuff when I know I need it. I just feel like it through the bodies ph balance out of wack. I mean if you wash a dog everyday with soap that would effect their skin greatly. Humans back in the day never had all this stuff to clean. I know its sounds gross to some asking this but think realistically with me for a second. Are ph balance wasn't ment to know that humans were to create shampoo.Do humans really need all these products to stay clean (Shampoo, Soap, Body wash, Moisturizers)?
Well, moisturizers don't keep you clean. But no of course not all of those products are a necessity or should be used everyday. Not everyone has the same reaction to soaps and shampoos. Some people need it everyday, others don't. Humans back in the day never had a lot of stuff. It doesn't mean the products aren't helpful.





If you're super dry, then you need to figure out if you're washing too much or not washing enough. Trial and error.Do humans really need all these products to stay clean (Shampoo, Soap, Body wash, Moisturizers)?
1] I also have dry skin, so I use a moisturizing, sensitive skin cleanser for face/body.


2] most of us should bathe daily; some can get away with every other day.


3] ';years ago'; everyonehad dandruff, hair and body lice, and all dif kinds of skin infections [ scabies, fungus, boils, etc. - ICK! ]
well assuming we have the same genetics as ';humans back in the day';, we don't need much. And in a way using all these products might be keeping us TOO clean to where our immune system becomes fragile from lack of exercise.
I'd say a bar of soap, face wash, shampoo, and moisturizer is all you really need.





%26amp; deodorant.. In your case, lol.
If you like little No see ems Bugs crawling around on you then I guess it's O.K. I start itching after a day dont like it.
you need it if you want to smell good %26amp; be clean
Not really. I mean, people should shower daily and stuff, but I know to keep my skin at a regular oil level, I only use soap every other day for my body, and I wash my hair with shampoo every two to four days. I always wash my hands and face though. But yeah, I know where you're coming from. I have really dry skin for the most part. (Face is the exception) I just have to adjust everything to it. So I take cooler showers and use less harsh soaps on my skin. Light moisturizers help for that day after using bar soaps and stuff that dry your skin. It really makes a difference. And then I wash less often and let the good, natural oils help my skin for a day or two then wash off the impurities.
You're right to go by what your body tells you. Not only is everyone's skin different, but our skin changes over time. My skin used to be so oily that washing 3 times a day was a necessity. Now, less that 5 years later, washing only once a day leaves my skin dry and flaky for hours.





If your dry skin is like mine, then it's probably sensitive to many soaps and body washes. Most moisturizers also tend to make my skin breakout. My solution is to wash with hot water daily, but briefly to avoid excessive drying, and to use a gentle facial soap once or twice a week depending on my skin's dryness.





Over-washing can be just as bad as under-washing, so keep listening to your body. It generally gives the best advice.
Don't know if this will really answer your question..


But it's actually safer the less we shower.. You see what happens is that the more and more we shower the more you wash off good bacteria that lives on your skin and also not so good bacteria that your body can become immune to, meaning those who shower more are more likely to get sick than those who shower less.





So are those things needed to be clean, I don't think so, maybe smell good... Unless you are filled with dirt





A study was done suggesting that showering once a week was enough


http://www.health24.com/news/Bacterial_d鈥?/a>





I personally don't think I can go once a week, but hey if it's better for my health and I'm not dirty why not skip the soap one day? The Europeans do it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment