Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is a good product to use in addition to shampoo and conditioner to lock in a color of newly dyed hair?

Sunsilk colour boost is amazing. I use it along with the Sunsilk shampoo for brunettes. The colour boost is like a hair cream ... it has a bit of non harsh hair dye in it so it boosts and brightens your hair colour by adding a bit of dye every time you use it. It keeps my hair colour looking fresh for months, people are constantly asking me if I dyed my hair again, but really it's just the colour boost. It's about 6.99$ here in Canada so I'd guess it's like 4.99$ in the States?What is a good product to use in addition to shampoo and conditioner to lock in a color of newly dyed hair?
I've been dying my hair red (supposedly the most fade-prone color) for years, and used a bevy of products. I also don't like to spend an insane amount of cash. I finally found a shampoo and conditioner that keeps in the color: Freeman's Color Fresh. It's relatively inexpensive ($4 at drugstore.com), and works great. A month and still red.


Wait at least 24 hours after dyeing before you wash or even rinse.


As for extra products, I like any leave-in conditioner spray with a UV filter. Since it's summer and you might be in a pool, fully wet your hair with fresh water and spray on a little leave-in before you swim. John Frieda has a really nice silicone sealer (it's in the Radiant Red collection, but there's no color) that works great to smooth out rough ends and add a little shine.
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment