Monday, August 23, 2010

Best shampoo, conditioner, or product for split ends?

I straighten my hair almost every day so I get split ends very easily. Please don't lecture me on how straightening my hair is damaging to my hair. I know it is and it's my choice. Thank you.Best shampoo, conditioner, or product for split ends?
in order to keep your hair healthy, here is my professional advise:





use a very moisturinzing shampoo and conditioner. my picks are redken all soft, keritasse, or aveda sap moss. note on the sap moss is that the shampoo has more conditioner in it than the conditioner. therefore, leave the shampoo on your hair for about a half hour once a week as a treatment.





hair treatment once a week. olive oil is great and cheap. some prefer jojoba oil or coconut oil but trust me, olive oil does the trick. saturate your dry ends with it, wrap your hair in a plastic bag and leave it in for a halt hour. then shampoo and condition as usual.





always use straightneing product. if you have split ends, i advise a creme or lotion and not a spray. it will give you more moisture. finish it off with a silicone serum to keep ends smooth and shiny.





other tips: try not to dry your hair. the less heat exposure, the better. let it dry naturally while you sleep or around the house. do not wash your hair everyday. if you need to clean it, try shampooing one day and conditioning the other. also shampoo only the scalp. the ends will clean when you rinse. also, a high heat professional straightener is key. the higher the heat, the faster it will straighten and the less damage it create. i recommend torlen or chi.





hope this helpsBest shampoo, conditioner, or product for split ends?
CHI IS GREAT!!!





also why not try trimming those split ends, then do what your best answer suggested :) Report Abuse

scissors
Ok I am a hair dresser Pantene is the WORST thing next to Pert or Suave you can put in your hair. Yes this is more expensive, but you don't need a lot and it WORKS. Paul Mitchell Super Strong Shampoo and Conitioner, they also have a treament too. I use it and it works.. you can notice the difference that day. It repairs, strengthens and prevents future damage. Please go to the site below and read.
Nexxus! It is amazing for split ends. They also make a spray that you spray on your hair after blowdrying and before straightening that protects it from the heat damage. It makes your hair super soft and not greasy at all. It's a bit expensive, the spray is around 13$, but its very worth protecting your hair.
I straighten my hair too and I find that just going to the salon for a trim works great. I also use pantene pro-v shampoo/conditioner for dry hair.
ONLY A HAIR CUT WILL REALLY GET RID OF YOUR SPLIT ENDS. products JUST SEAL THE FOLLICLE AND HELPS REDUCE FRIZZ. TRY MY HAIR SMOOTHING LINE FROM MARK COSMETICS. IT WILL HELP AND THE COST IS GOOD


HTTP://WWW.YOURAVON.COM/HBLALOCK
warm beer!
the pantene line of products.





i have damaged bleached hair.. believe me.. pantene works wonders.
use this conditioner call perm repair, i kno it says perm but it stills works for straigtening your hair. use Garnier Frutis that is for damaged hair. condition your hair alot, but try to get conditioner that says oil free not unless you prefer the oily look.
Pantene moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner. Then once a week I use Pantene's time renewal replenishing mask.
CHI silk infusion. Kinda pricey, but it works wonders and a bottle lasts forever.
well for a bargain price I'd have to say Herbal Essence in the blue bottle. They have a leave-in creme you can put on after you get out of the shower.


And for a more expensive use Kerastase by L'oreal. It works really good and it's like a deep conditioning thing you use a couple times a week.


I straighten my hair and use a blow dryer as well as a curling iron so my hair is fried, but if I don't use the products my hair looks really fried!





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment